We have a buddies poker group on Thursdays and besides the regular cigars & drinks, one of our rules is that everyone must bring snacks for the group. What started off as just biltong and packs of Simba, quickly escalated into a competition for who could bring the coolest snacks. Many of the guys stuck to biltong & chips, while others just got their wives to whip something up, but there are a few amateur foodies in the group… and this recipe comes courtesy of one such guy. So thanks Kobus… what an epic snack!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 beef fillet
- Wasabi Mayo
- Brown Vinegar
- Biltong Spice
How To Braai
- Thinly slice cucumber using a potato peeler & sprinkle with salt.
- Spread some wasabi mayo onto a cucumber slice.
- Soak thinly sliced fillet steak in a mixture of brown vinegar and biltong spice for approximately 10 minutes.
- Shake off excess vinegar, and layer the fillet onto the cucumber.
- Roll cucumber and fillet & secure with a toothpick.
I’d love to hear your comments and constructive criticism below… we can only improve if we know what we’re doing wrong… so please let us know.