How to use Jägermeister in a burger
If we’ve ever partied together, you will know that I’m allergic to Tequila… however I’m quite partial to a few Jägies. Add it into a burger recipe and you’ve got the genius Jägermeister Burger Recipe 😉
So when I discovered the JägerBurger recipe, I just knew that it would become a favourite! Who says you can’t have your Jägermeister and eat it? 🙂
Please check out the recipe and step-by-step video I did for BraaiBoy TV below and then scroll down to the end and drop me a comment letting me know what you think of the JägerBurger.
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 Onion
- 150 ml Jagermeister
- 600g Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 4 Burger Buns
- Herbs & Spices – Salt & Pepper, and or your favourite burger herbs & spices
- Garnish – Lettuce, onion, tomato etc.
How To Braai
- Heat oil/butter in a saucepan on a fairly hot fire. Dice an onion and add to the pan.
- Once the onion starts to brown, add Jägermeister. Fry until the Jägermeister reduces and becomes sticky. Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- Place mince into a mixing bowl and add herbs & spices to taste. Add cooled onions to the bowl. Crack an egg into the bowl and mix well using your hands.
- Seperate the mince into 4 equal portions and roll into balls. Flatten each ball into a patty and place onto a medium fire.
- Braai until medium rare (or as you prefer).
- Just before your patties are done, slice and toast your hamburger buns. Remove from the fire and build your burger using garnish as you like it.
If you tried this Jägermeister Burger recipe, please remember to rate it.
Looking for more? Please feel free to browse BraaiBoy’s favourite braai recipes.
I’d love to hear your comments and constructive criticism below (or hit me up on twitter @BraaiBoy or facebook)… we can only improve if we know what we’re doing wrong… don’t be shy if you think you did it better… there’s a very good chance you did 😉