As part of celebrating #SupaBraai, Heritage Month and the Rugby World Cup, Supa Quick asked me to join them for a braai and support during South Africa’s 1st World Cup game (vs Japan). When they asked me for some suggestions on what we would serve… it was obvious: Since we’re playing Japan in our first game… Braai Sushi (which I’d already done… so Boerewors Sushi it was to be then)!
This particular sushi recipe is a little twist on the original Braai Sushi recipe though, I’m using boerewors this time instead of mince.
- 150 g boerewors
- 75 g Cheddar Cheese
- 12 strips Streaky Bacon
- BBQ Sauce
- Your Favourite Dipping Sauce - (optional) for dipping
How To Braai
- Start by making a Bacon Weave
- Cover 2/3 of the bacon weave with grated cheese
- Place the boerewors on the grated cheese
- Roll it up
- Braai on indirect heat for 20 min
- Baste with your favourite BBQ sauce and braai for another 10 minutes
- Slice into "California Roll" portions and serve with your favourite dipping sauce!
*UPDATED*: Check the video here: https://braaiboy.co.za/braai-sushi-on-braaiboytv/