Sushi is raw fish, right? Not when you’re from South Africa!
- 12 strips Streaky Bacon
- 200 g mince – spice according to taste
- 75 g Cheddar Cheese
- Brafia Sauce
- Brafia Next Level Sauce
How To Braai
- Make a Bacon WeaveP.S. Unlike the Boerewors Sushi, the mince and melting cheese will stay inside, so instead of a bacon weave, you can just use 6 vertical strips of bacon.
- Cover 2/3 of the bacon weave with mince
- Place ‘tubes’ of cheese on top of mince
- Roll it up
- Braai on indirect heat for 20 min
- Baste with BBQ sauce and braai for another 10 minutes
- Slice into "California Roll" portions and serve with your favourite dipping sauce!
For a truly South African alternative, why not try some Boerewors Sushi as well.
Have you tried your own “boere sushi” recipe? Got any improvements/suggestions for mine? Please feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below, or hit me up on twitter (@BraaiBoy) and Facebook.
*UPDATED*: Check the video here: https://braaiboy.co.za/braai-sushi-on-braaiboytv/