I refuse to believe there exists a concept such as “too much bacon”, and while many people tend to simply think of bacon as breakfast food to pair up with eggs and toast, Bacon forms part of many of my favourite Braai Recipes. Wrapping something in bacon is probably one of the most used methods, and a bacon weave is a very neat way of making sure your bacon stays on whatever is being wrapped.
A Bacon Weave How-To
- 12 strips Streaky Bacon
- Lay 6 pieces of streaky bacon vertically on a chopping board (or sushi mat if you're making Braai Sushi for example and wanna get all fancy).
- Lay 1 piece of bacon horizontally across the 6 vertical pieces.
- Pull every other vertical piece of bacon down over the horizontal piece just laid down.
- Lay a piece of bacon horizontally across the vertical pieces you didn’t pull down.
- Pull the vertical pieces back up.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until your weave is complete.
Have you tried the bacon weave recipe? Please feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below, or hit me up on twitter (@BraaiBoy) and Facebook – and check out for the Braai Sushi and Boerewors Sushi recipes that use this weave.