Braaing with Beer
“I love braaing with beer, occasionally I use it in my recipes too”. That joke never gets old (probably because it’s always true), which is why I love the BEERewors/BIERewors roll recipe so much 😉
Beer + Boerewors = BEERewors/BIERewors
Have you ever wondered what would happen if Beer & Boerewors were to marry… well… wonder no more! In this episode of BraaiBoy TV, I take you through the wonder that is a BEERawors (aka BIERewors) roll.
The fact that it works in both English & Afrikaans is clearly a sign!
After you’ve checked out the recipe & video, please remember to scroll down to the bottom and leave me a comment.
- 4 pieces boerewors
- 4 hotdog buns
- 1-2 beers
- 4-6 tbsp flour
- 250 g Cheddar Cheese – grated
- rocket & onions – (optional)
- biltong – (optional)
How To Braai
- Pour beer into a potjie (pot) on the fire.
- Add the boerewors and wait for the wors to become par-boiled (don’t overcook).
- Remove boerewors from the beer .
- Mix a little cold beer into the flour and make a paste, then add to the beer in the pot along with the grated cheese.
- Stir occasionally until the cheese melts and becomes a sauce.
- While you wait for the sauce to thicken, finish the boerewors on the braai.
- Once the boerewors has been braaied and the sauce has thickened, build your BIERewors rolls: Place the wors in a bun, (optionally) garnish with rocket and fried onions and finish off with the cheese sauce.
As always, the high-5’s and “loving it” comments are very much appreciated… but I’d still love to hear some constructive criticism as well… So drop a comment if you think you can improve on the BIERewors roll recipe.
We can only improve if we know what we’re doing wrong.