Moms all over the world are constantly on our cases to not play with our food. Well Mom… today I think I’m gonna convince even you to wanna play with your food… I give you THE STEAK SPINNER 🙂
The fidget spinner craze hit big recently, and even though BB Jnr already has one, his friends now have one with lights, and so he’s dropping hints like mad that he “needs” a spinner with lights. Anyway… love ’em or hate ’em, there’s no denying that the fidget spinners have invaded our lives. So when a mate of mine shared a picture of what looked like a fidget spinner made of meat, whether it was real or not made no difference, I resolved to give it a bash. Thanks Wolfie for the original inspiration!
Have a look how it’s done in the video below, and then scroll on down for a printable version of the meaty fidget spinner!
Steak Spinner (A Meaty Fidget Spinner)
- 4 Steaks
- 4 Cheese Grillers - thin
- olive oil
- spices - to taste
How To Braai
- Cut a triangle out of the steak. In each of the corners carve out a small hole. Then carve out another hole in the center.
- Slice cheese grillers to the same thickness as your steak. (These are the weights of your Steak Spinner.
- Place a cheese griller into each of the holes. If the hole isn’t big enough… insert your finger and give it a quick whirl.
- Repeat with the rest of the steaks and cheese grillers.
- Place your Steak Spinners onto the grill. Spice and braai according to your preference.
- Play With Your Food! … and then only eat 🙂
As always, the high-5’s and “loving it” comments are very much appreciated… but I’d still love to hear some constructive criticism as well… we can only improve if we know what we’re doing wrong… so please let us know in the comments below or you’re also welcome to send me a private message or even give me a shout on twitter @BraaiBoy or facebook as well.