I’ve met some awesome people and been on some epic adventures because of twitter, and this bacon-wrapped sweet potato braai recipe comes from one such adventure.
I love recipes that are very simple to make, yet impress the hell out of your friends come braai time… and while anything wrapped in bacon is most likely gonna taste good, this recipe goes the extra mile.
Check out the recipe below, and at the end of the recipe there’s a video with step-by-step instructions on how to make these little pieces of heaven we call bacon-wrapped sweet potato bites.
Bacon/Sweet Potato Bites
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 500 g Streaky Bacon
- olive oil
- spices – Salt, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper
How To Braai
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into roughly 3cm x 3cm cubes.
- Place the cubes on some heavy duty foil, coat them in olive oil and then spice using the Paprika, Cayenne and Salt according to taste.
- Close the foil to form a “parcel” and place on a high heat (or event directly in the coals).
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the fire once they have softened, but are still firm.
- Cut bacon strips in half. Using 1 half wrap a sweet potato cube and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped cubes directly onto the grid and braai until bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the fire, drizzle with honey and then serve to your guests so that they can start praising you.
Have you tried this a bacon-wrapped sweet potato recipe? Got any improvements? Please feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below, or hit me up on twitter (@BraaiBoy) and/or Facebook.