Just 3 ingredients for a delicious jalapeno popper
If you’ve been following me for some time, you’ll know how much I love the Braai Pie. Today I tried something that I also believe every braai master should try (and then love)… I present to you the Braai-Style Jalapeno Poppers recipe.
This delicious little snack, consists simply of Jalapeno peppers, cheese and bacon… yet they combine to create a mouthgasm of note.
Please check out the printable recipe and step-by-step video below for the easiest braai-style jalapeno poppers.
- 16 Jalapenos
- 16 strips bacon – Streaky
How To Braai
- Open Jalapenos: Cut a slice into 1 side of Jalapeno and remove the pith (the white stuff on the inside) and seeds – I’m sure you must get tools that can help you with this, but the back of a teaspoon works just as well.
- Grate & Mix Cheese: I used cheddar and bit of mozzarella here. Mozzarella doesn’t have such a strong flavour, so you want to use more cheddar in the mix.
- (optional) If you want some more of the burn back in your peppers, then chop up the slice you removed in step 1, and maybe even some of the pith.
- Stuff Jalapenos: Stuff your Jalapenos with the cheese mixture and wrap with bacon.Tip: Use a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. If you know what you’re doing and can wrap it so that the bacon ties itself, you don’t need the toothpicks, but feel free to use them for your first few tries.
- Braai your Jalapeno Poppers until the bacon is nice and crispy.
Visit the braai recipes page for more of my favourite recipes. If you have any of your own ideas, or just want to let me know what you think of this recipe, drop me a message in the comments below or please feel free to give me a shout at any time, you’re also welcome hook up with me on twitter (@BraaiBoy), Facebook and Instagram as well.